Navidom Ltd., Helsinki, Finland
Mikko Niini graduated from Aalto University as a Naval Architect in 1970.
After retiring from CEO position of Aker Arctic Technology Inc in 2014 he today works via his own company Arctic & Maritime Consultancy Vientistrategit Oy.
He has several positions of trust
- a Chairman of the Board of Navidom Ltd, a Finnish Government owned company for the national strategic tankers
- a Board member in listed Aspo Group’s dry bulk shipping company ESL Shipping Ltd
- a Chairman of the Board of RMC Rauma Marine Constructions Ltd (Rauma shipyard)
- a Chairman of the maritime cluster organisation Finnish Maritime Association
- a Co-Chairman of the Oil and Gas Working Group of the Finnish-Russian Inter-Governmental Commission for Economic Cooperation
- a Member of the Board of Center for High North Logistics, Kirkenes, Norway
Niini has strong background in modern shipbuilding; he joined Wärtsilä Helsinki Shipyard in 1970 for the “Manhattan” project to work on the very first ice model tests in Finland. Since then he has held different positions at Valmet Shipbuilding Group within design, marketing and sales (1971 to 1986) and as vice president of Wärtsilä Marine (1987-89). Since then he worked in the Kvaerner Group, as Vice President of Kvaerner Masa-Yards (1989 to 2003) and from 2004 to 2014 as CEO of the Aker Group subsidiary Aker Arctic Technology Inc reporting to Oslo. During these years he has also been head of the Kvaerner and Aker Group’s Moscow Representatative Office.